Position Title: Maintenance Worker
Department: Physical Plant
Immediate Supervisor’s Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Positions Supervised: None
Term of Position: 12 Months
Minimum Requirements: High School Diploma or High School Equivalent, must have prior experience as a maintenance worker.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure SAFETY FIRST for your area of responsibility
- Performing routine maintenance around the building such as fixing structural damage, for example, window, door or wall repair
- Repairing broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of water fixtures
- Working on damaged electrical wiring when a shortage or severed wire occurs
- Maintaining the building HVAC equipment in order to keep climate control in the facility functioning properly
- Applying preventative measures to the building to reduce the risk of future problems, such as using a sealant on a flat roof
- Fixing potential safety hazards to avoid injuries
- Painting the building when old paint has become faded or chipped
- Performed other duties requested by the Maintenance Supervisor.