|Department:||Finance and Operations
|Supervisor Title:||Vice President for Finance and Operations|
||B.S. degree in Accounting
Demonstrated experience in payroll processing
Knowledgeable of financial record keeping, bookkeeping and governmental accounting principles and practices.
Knowledgeable of payroll policies and procedures, codes, ordinances, and Memorandums of Understanding.
Proficient MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer, file extraction, and electronic file transmission (via internet).
Extension experience with record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
• Prepare accurate, complete, and timely payroll and file maintenance in a confidential manner.
• Communicate effectively and courteously with employees, management and other reporting agencies.
• Ability to read and comprehend written instructions, routine correspondence and memos.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Work independently, with strong planning, organization, and execution skills.
• Use tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
• Customer service focus
||Under direct supervision of the Vice President for Finance and Operations, performs various complex accounting functions which include processing payroll, developing various reports by researching and gathering information, statistics, etc., maintaining confidential payroll records, filing payroll tax returns, collecting, organizing and reporting financial information used in audits, and other duties as assigned.|
|Duties:||• Performs timesheet calculation and data entry; benefit deduction calculation and maintenance, PERS reporting & file maintenance, manual checks, pay increases, wage garnishments, deferred compensation maintenance, and direct deposit submission.
• Processes payroll audits, unemployment claims, employment verifications, sick & vacation accruals, and employee correspondence.
• Maintains records and filing system for payroll department in a confidential manner, including employee files, wage garnishments, taxes, payroll reports, and deferred compensation plans.
• Assists with payroll tax deposits, manual tax calculations/reconciliations, monthly, quarterly and annual tax reporting, W-2 processing, and current tax compliances
• Acts as liaison with staff and management on payroll related queries
• Enters and retrieves information from a computer terminal; uses the computer system to retrieve a variety of daily, monthly and yearly reports.
• Other related duties as assigned.
|Application Deadline:||April 04, 2014|
Send a complete application packet (Employment Application, current resume, official transcripts, and three letters of reference) to:
Coahoma Community College
Human Resource Office
3240 Friars Point Road
Clarksdale, MS 38614
Incomplete application packets will not be considered. (NO FAXES PLEASE)