Academic counseling plays a vital role in the educational experience. Academic counseling prepares a student for life beyond college.
Ideally, academic counseling:
- Engages students.
- Builds students rapport.
- Helps students fulfill major requirements.
- Assures graduation in a timely fashion.
- Stimulates exploration outside of the students' major disciplines.
- Encourages intellectual connections across disciplines.
- Helps set goals and strategies to achieve them during and after college.
- Prepares students for university study and/or employment.