The purpose of online academic counseling is to provide students with another avenue to gain access in receiving adequate academic counseling. It is designed to assist students in the following ways:
- Defines student academic goals.
- Provides links to gain access to resources that students can use to create an academic plan.
- Provides resources to assistance the student in certain courses.
- Interprets curriculum.
- Answers college transfer questions.
- Assists in scheduling and graduation evaluation.
- Help students to find appropriate help for their counseling needs if they are beyond the academic counselor’s scope of practice.
The online academic counseling service is not designed to replace the face-to-face academic counseling service or to treat symptoms of mental illness.