Symptoms of H1N1 flu infection in humans are similar to classic flu-like symptoms, which might include:
- Fever above 100.4 ?F
- Sore throat
- Muscle aches
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away after using it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. You may also use alcohol-based hand cleaners.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth, to avoid getting infected by germs.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you do get sick, consider staying home from work or school.
- Routinely clean areas that ill people touch with regular cleaners. Special cleaning with bleach is not necessary
When to Seek Help:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
- Sudden dizziness/Confusion
- Flu-like symptoms improve but return with fever and worse cough