The Yoga Experience provides weekly yoga classes for students and staff offered by a certified yoga instructor. Yoga mats and blocks are supplied. Class meets every Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.
Gentle Yoga: gain flexibility, strength and balance in an atmosphere of safety and self- acceptance with a yoga practice accessible to students of all ages and fitness levels.
Beginners: this class focuses on the foundations of yoga and is for the brand new beginner or for someone wanting to have a refresher class.
Yoga 1: suitable for beginners and continuing students with emphasis on moving with the breath and anatomical alignment. The class is finished with a guided relaxation.
Yoga 1 and 2: mixed level class for continuing students with a faster pace and more challenging variations to develop strength, balance and endurance.
Senior Yoga: yoga practice suitable for seniors and those with restricted movement. Most of the class takes place sitting in chairs, although some gentle floor work will be added.
Here are a few tips that are sure to enhance your yoga experience.
- Arrive at least 5-10 minutes before class begins.
- Wear comfortable clothing that is not too baggy, not too tight. You will be barefoot.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume or scented oils to class as many people are allergic to fragrances.
- The props you need to practice (i.e., mats, blocks, blankets and belts) are available for your use.
- Flexibility is not a prerequisite for yoga. It is a product of the practice.
- Yoga is for everyone. Please do not feel any hesitation to attend a class even if you have never been physically active or if you have any limitations. We will work with you.
- A light snack is perfectly appropriate before a yoga class. We do suggest you refrain from eating a heavy meal just before practicing.
- Most importantly...just have fun!