Complete 2 Compete (C2C)
Complete 2 Compete (C2C)
C2C is a statewide program designed to help Mississippi adults who have earned college credit – but not a degree – better their lives by completing a college education. Coahoma Community College is one of the 15 public community colleges participating in the program, along with Mississippi’s eight public universities.
In order to participate in the C2C program, a student must:
- be at least 21 years old
- have earned at least 12 hours toward a degree
- have been out of college for at least two years (24 consecutive months)
- have not earned a postsecondary degree (Exception: University Studies)
- Must be working toward an Associate or Bachelor degree
- Students MUST signup for the C2C program BEFORE enrolling in courses at Coahoma Community College. Click here to sign up.
- Once in the program, students must successfully complete courses and earn a passing
- Students failing to earn passing grades may jeopardize eligibility for continuation in the program.
- Students must maintain enrollment each semester in order to receive grant funds; any break in enrollment triggers a mandatory appeal process handled by the state C2C office. Exception: If the C2C student needs a course is not offered for an upcoming term, the appeal process is waived.
Your C2C coach assists students with
- Concierge Service for C2C applicants
- Evaluating transcripts
- Identifying quickest degree path
- Submitting for C2C Grant
- Providing information on how to apply for the FAFSA and MS Aid Applications (MAPP)
If a C2C student has remaining funds left after the payment of tuition and course fees, the college will process a refund check for the student. The C2C coach has no information about the refunding process; thus, the student should contact the Business Office at 662-621-4104.
C2C Grant Criteria
Students may qualify for the C2C grant, which pays $1000 for the spring, summer school, and fall terms. These grants are renewed automatically for students who are in good standing. Only Mississippi residents are eligible to receive this grant if the student has not earned a post-secondary degree.
*Disclaimer: All approvals and denials of any MS C2C grant award is overseen by the office of the MS C2C Project Coordinator and not that of Coahoma Community College, including Coahoma C2C coaches, coordinator, or institutional leader.
C2C Grant Instructions
Step by step instructions on how to apply for the C2C grant is available at https://www.msc2c.org/c2c-grant.
To be considered for the C2C Grant, please complete the following three steps:
- Contact and inform your C2C Coach that you would like to be submitted for the C2C grant.
- Complete the FAFSA: https://fafsa.ed.gov/
- Following the specific instructions below, complete the Mississippi Aid application (MAPP): www.msfinancialaid.org/c2c.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: I received an email stating my C2C funds have been released to the school. How long will it take before my account on myCCC is updated?
Answer: Once you receive an email that your C2C funds have been released to the school, it takes 14-21 days for the school to receive the funds.
Question: When I attended school, I changed my major several times and I have a lot of credits. Is there a major I can choose that will accelerate graduation?
Answer: Yes; by choosing Interdisciplinary Studies as your major, you will be able to use all of your passing academic coursework towards a degree. Your C2C coach will evaluate you for this option automatically.
Question: I am interested in taking pre-requisites for an allied health program. Will C2C pay for these courses.
Answer: C2C will pay for courses leading to an associate degree. You must be enrolled in a degree program to participate in the program.
Question: I received the C2C grant during one of the summer terms. Am I eligible to receive it again during the summer?
Answer: No; You may only receive the C2C grant once during the fall, spring, and summer terms.
Question: If I leave the C2C program due to unforeseen circumstances out of my control, can I get back into the program?
Answer: Yes; however, you will have to complete a C2C appeal form to receive the C2C grant. Contact the C2C coach for more information.
Ms. Amquita Taylor, C2C Coach
Shelia Holmes-Carter, C2C Coach