Library Orientation Training
The Dickerson-Johnson Library provides orientation training for students, faculty and staff.
Objectives to be covered during the training:
- Know the location and function of the online catalog
- Know how to browse the library databases for periodicals (scholarly & research journals, professional journals, newspapers and popular magazines).
- Understand that materials not owned by the library can be obtained from other sources such as ILL (Interlibrary Loan) and Dancing Rabbit.
- Know how to navigate databases in a specific subject area.
- Know how to schedule class orientation
- Know how to request for books and materials to supplement classroom resources.
The library is available 24/7 via the internet and electronic databases.