ASSOCIATE DEGREE PARAMEDIC PROGRAM
The Paramedic Program application period for the January 2024 class is now open. The submission period for the Paramedic Program closes October 13, 2023.Click here to download application
For more information please contact the Paramedic/EMT department at 662-621-4041 or 662-621-4159.
The following must be completed to be considered for admission to the Paramedic Program:
- Complete all General Admission Requirements for Coahoma Community College.
- A completed CCC application. Click here to submit the CCC general admission application Online.
- High school transcript or GED
- Have an ACT with a score of 16 or higher
- Must have a minimum of a “C” (2.0) in any college coursework attempted
- Anatomy & Physiology I with a grade of “C” or better (2.0)
- Be a NREMT upon admission and become Mississippi certified upon acceptance
- Must pass an NREMT basic knowledge and skills assessment test with a grade of 80%
- Must pass a state and federal criminal background check
- Once accepted into the Program the student must show
- positive serology of immunity to varicella (chicken pox)
- Complete or evidence of having started hepatitis B vaccinations
- Completion of any other vaccinations as required by Coahoma Community College
- Completion of a physical exam signed by a primary care provider
- Completion of a physical performance evaluation signed by a primary care provider
For more information contact the Administrative Assistant at (662) 621-4210.
Being a national and state certified EMT is one of the pre-requisites for enrolling into the Paramedic Program of study. If you are not yet a certified EMT,, but you are interested in becoming a paramedic, please contact the Program Director of Emergency Medical Technology for advice on how to initially qualify and enroll in the EMT Program
Students admitted to the Associate Degree Paramedic Program must maintain a grade of “C” (2.0) or an overall average of 80 in all coursework and pass all clinical components to progress in the Program.