Quality Enhancement Plan
CCC is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC). We will be considered for “Reaffirmation of Accreditation” in 2019. The Accreditation Process is governed by the Principles of Accreditation published by SACS-COC. The Reaffirmation process requires that the College provide evidence that it complies with the Core Requirements and Comprehensive Standards specified in the Principles of Accreditation through a Compliance Certification. Principles of Accreditation can be found on the SACS-COC website at the following link. Principles of Accreditation (PDF).
What is the QEP?
In addition to a Compliance Certification, the Principles of Accreditation requires each college to prepare a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) as part of the reaffirmation process (Core Requirement 7: 7.2). The Quality Enhancement Plan is a "course of action that addresses a well-defined and focused topic or issue related to enhancing student learning and/or the environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution". The requirement to have a QEP not only satisfies an accreditation requirement, it will provide an excellent opportunity for CCC to specifically address a vital student learning issue in order to enhance student success.
The Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is a document developed by the institution that:
- includes a process identifying key issues emerging from institutional assessment,
- focuses on learning outcomes and/or the environment supporting student learning and accomplishing the mission of the institution,
- demonstrates institutional capability for the initiation, implementation, and completion of the QEP,
- includes broad-based involvement of institutional constituencies in the development and proposed implementation of the QEP, and
- identifies goals and a plan to assess their achievement.
During the May 7, 2018 meeting, it was proposed that the Coahoma Community College (CCC) Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) topic will be “ROAD to Success: Revitalizing Orientation, Advising, and Development of Faculty.
- Student Population
- Faculty, Staff and Administration
- CCC Mission Statement
- Selecting A QEP Theme
- QEP Goals and Outcomes
- ROAD to Succedss Brochure
- Revitalized LLS 1311 Course Overview
- 5-Year Marketing Plan
- 5-Year Professional Development Plan
- Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes
- Actions and Initiatives
- Literature Review for CCC’s QEP Topic and 5-Year Plan
- Road to Success Kickoff Pictures
- QEP review from On-Site Reaffirmation Committee Report
- QEP 2021 Update (QEP Response to SACSCOC Recommendations)