Aneika Moore, Ed.S.
Health Science Student Navigator
Be the problem great or small, feel free to stop by or give the Student Navigator a call.
What is Counseling?
- Counseling offers an opportunity to talk to someone who will listen without criticism, and who will keep what you say confidential.
- Some people come to counseling because they need an ear, or a different perspective on a problem (be it a relationship or a situation)
- Coming to counseling does not mean that you are crazy, but just that you have decided to explore new ways of dealing with what life is offering you, or that you know you would benefit from some support in dealing with things.
- Counseling offers a safe space to put into words the thoughts and feelings that are inside you - and in doing this gain some understanding and control over them.
What You Can Expect From The Student Navigator…
You can expect to be:
- Supported and listened to with respect and dignity.
- Responded to honestly and respectfully.
- Objective and nondiscriminatory
- Informed about confidentiality.
- Discuss issues that are relevant and preferable to you.
- Provide professional counseling services
- Treated in ways that are respectful of and sensitive to cultural values, religious beliefs, gender issues and disabilities.
- Provide referrals to other professionals if this would be of benefit to you.
- Much Much More….
Some Typical Concerns Addressed….
- “I do not think this program is for me…”
- “I don’t have money to pay for school”
- "My mind goes blank during tests."
- "I can't get my work done on time.
- “I’m having problems with faculty and my program”
- “I feel depressed, can’t eat, can’t sleep”
- “Program demands are too overwhelming”
- "I'm having a hard time juggling work, school and family."
- "I’m in an abusive relationship and need help.”
- “I’m stressed and feeling overwhelmed”
- “I get nervous when I am taking tests”
- “I have thoughts about ending my life”
- “I still don’t know what I want to do””
To enter a request use your Coahoma Community College email address
Office Located Inside the Student Resource Center
Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.