Veterans Benefits

Admission requirements for veterans or eligible persons are the same as for regular admission students. Veterans and other eligible persons must meet all general admission requirements and provide the Office of Financial Aid with documented evidence of all previous education and training prior to being admitted and certified to the Veteran's Administration. Veterans who intend to utilize GI benefits cannot be admitted to the college under special admission status and be eligible to receive financial benefits under the GI Bill. Veterans or veteran dependents are required to report to the Office of Financial Aid after registering.  

Veterans Educational Benefits
To apply for VA benefits, go to  After your application has been completed and submitted.  The VA will then determine eligibility. Once a student receives their Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, a copy must be provided to the VA Coordinator located in the Financial Aid Office.  Once we have received and processed a student’s Certificate of Eligibility and the form Enrollment Certification for Education Benefits, an enrollment certification will be submitted to the VA via their online system – VAONCE (this will take 8-14 weeks). The Enrollment Certification for Education Benefits form can be picked up in the Financial Aid Office, located on the 1st floor of the Vivian M. Presley Administration Building.  

Student Verification of Enrollment
Everyone receiving MGIB-Active Duty Chapter 30 benefits, as well as those in Chapter 1606 and Chapter 1607 must verify their enrollment each month to receive payment for that month. Your enrollment can be verified on the last calendar day of the month by using the VA’s Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) or by calling 1-877-823-2378. Students must be currently enrolled in an approved educational program and must have a current benefit award to use WAVE.  Visit for additional information regarding veterans benefits.

G.I. Bill Chapters

Chapter 30 – Montgomery GI Bill
Chapter 31 – Vocational Rehabilitation
Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill
Chapter 35 – Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance
Chapter 1606 – Montgomery GI Bill /Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program
Chapter 1607 - Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP)


The Mississippi State Educational Assistance Program (SEAP) pays toward tuition to state- and regionally-accredited institutions for soldiers who are not authorized for Federal Tuition Assistance. The amount per semester is determined by the SEAP Board before each state fiscal year based upon funds allotted by the state legislature. SEAP is currently limited to soldiers in the MSNG who are not eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance. SEAP currently funds up to $4,500 per year (July 1-June 30) at $250 per hour based on the availability of funding. For additional information visit

Contact CCC's VA Certifying Official:
Joseph McKee
Patrick Ray