Respiratory Care Admission Packet
This program of study combines training in the technical and clinical aspects of respiratory care and general education courses necessary to provide the student with the knowledge necessary to give direct patient care to patients with respiratory/cardiac health problems. Upon successful completion of this program, the student is awarded the Associate in Applied Science degree.
- All students must meet the minimum requirements of admission for Coahoma Community College and the Health Sciences Programs
- Complete General Admission Requirements for Coahoma Community College. Click here to download the CCC General Admission Application Or Click here to submit the CCC general admission application Online.
- All students must achieve a minimum of a 17 cumulative score on the ACT Entry Examination, a minimum of a 2.0 GPA cumulative and an acceptable score on a pre-entrance assessment examination.
- Entry selection into the Respiratory Therapy Program is on a competitive “top-down”
- The highest ACT score, and;
- The highest Anatomy and Physiology grades
- The highest pre-entrance assessment exam score
- Selection Process
- Candidate files are assessed for documentation that meets all minimum admission requirements for the Respiratory Care Technology Program. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission.
- A Rating Scale for Admission form is completed and scored on each candidate meeting minimum admission requirements.
- The Rating Scale for Admission form can be found at http://www.coahomacc.edu/healthsciences/rct/RatingScale.pdf
- The completed forms are ranked numerically and candidates are selected from the top down.
The Admission Proccess
- Complete all pre-requisite courses as specified for the Respiratory Care Technology program prior to the August of the academic year applying for.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 for any attempted college courses.
- Click here for the Respiratory Care Admission Rating Scale.
- Once accepted, show evidence of completion of required immunizations which include:
Positive serology of immunity to Varicella (chicken pox) or immunization.
Complete or started Hepatitis B vaccination series.
- Once accepted complete required immunizations and a physical exam signed by a primary care provider.
- Successfully complete a pre-entrance exam.
Students admitted to the Respiratory Care Technology Program must maintain a grade of “C” or an 80 course average in all respiratory care technology courses and pass all clinical requirements to progress in the program.
WHAT CAN I EARN?
The median annual wage for respiratory therapists was $62,810 in May 2020. The median wage is the wage at which half the workers in an occupation earned more than that amount and half earned less. The lowest 10 percent earned less than $45,940, and the highest 10 percent earned more than $89,170.