Drug & Alcohol Poilicy
Coahoma Community College acknowledges and adheres to the laws of the state of Mississippi. The college also complies with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act Amendments of 1989.
In compliance with federal and state laws, at Coahoma Community College the following will apply:
- The possession of any drug controlled by federal or state laws on or off campus is prohibited.
- In compliance with state and federal law, it is illegal to possess, consume, use, or distribute (or intend to distribute or use) any drug controlled by federal or state laws on the campus of Coahoma Community College or at event sponsored or supervised by the college.
- The manufacture, intent to manufacture, furnish, or intent to furnish drugs controlled by federal or state law is prohibited.
- The sale, intent to sell, purchase intent to purchase, deliver, and intent to deliver drugs controlled by federal or state law is prohibited.55
- Possession or use of any drug related paraphernalia is also prohibited. The college reserves the right to initiate judicial action if drug violations occur on or off-campus. Students found to be in violation of the drug policy will be subjected to disciplinary action, which will result in expulsion.