The tutorial lab is located on the second floor of the Zee A. Barron Student Union, Ebony Room II.
The hours of operation are Monday through Thursday 1:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. and Fridays 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Click here to book an appointment for Tutorial Services. We welcome all students who have a passion for learning, and are committed to personal and academic excellence. Tutorial Services Purpose and Contract
Tutoring is a free service to Coahoma Community College students. The tutorial facility was established to assist students in becoming proficient and confident with fundamental skills in the areas such as:
- Accounting, Computer Information Systems, Economics
- Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics
- English, Foreign Language (Spanish), Speech
If support is needed in courses not listed above, we will work with the faculty to find qualified tutors to assist in these courses. Tutoring services are available to CCC students, whether for remediation in a course or for high achievers who want to become more advanced. We welcome all students who have a passion for learning, and are committed to personal and academic excellence.
Tutorial services objectives are:
- To help the students learn information for a specific course and to use that information to become an independent learner.
- To increase the student’s understanding of subject matter
- To develop basic skills for students
- To develop effective study habits
- To serve as refresher sessions for the students who are academically strong but have forgotten basic curriculum principles
- To develop a positive attitude toward learning
- To teach the students to think and acquire knowledge in a different way as was accustomed in the high school setting
- To reduce the aversion of learning due to overcrowded college classrooms and distractions inside the classroom
Tutorial Services Coordinator